Are you a hospitality professional or business in search of your next exciting project?
Resolven Miners’ Welfare is looking to expand and diversify our offering, this to preserve our historic building for future generations. We’ve propelled ourselves into the 21st century renovating our bar, installing a commercial kitchen and transforming the old lounge into a restaurant. Our pilot restaurant venture ‘The Drift’ was well supported: we proved there is a viable business here. We are thrilled with our progress but we are now ready to embrace the next phase of our evolution.
The Trustees of Resolven Miners’ Welfare are hoping, in time, to rejuvenate our entire building and are currently undertaking a feasibility study (circa £65k) which will help us understand what we need to do to achieve our goals and help us secure money to do that. We’re a long way off our dream but we have high hopes for the future.
What we do know is we need to reinvent what we offer at the building and have a unique opportunity for the right person, or business, to lead the way.
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record in management of hospitality businesses, ideally at least 2 years (Essential)
- Experience within community led organisations (Preferred)
- Strong managerial skills – Including staff management, stock management and accurate reporting of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Self-Motivated – You must clearly demonstrate what you have achieved previously and how you achieved it.
- Ability to think outside the box – Let’s face it, the outside of our building is currently not exactly enticing! How would you encourage people to visit? Especially those outside the area.
- A desire to build a successful business from the driving seat, being responsible, accountable and invested in the venture.
- Big ideas, bright ideas, new ideas!
What are we offering in return:
We are flexible and are happy to consider any proposal that’s fair, bearing in mind we are a community organisation. Things we would consider but are not limited to:
- Profit Share – This could be as an employed or self-employed position and could include a minimum salary.
- Rental Only – You could rent the downstairs and pay a set rental per month.
- Community Led Organisation – A non-profit company led by volunteers. This can be a profit share or rental.
For guidance, due to insurance costs, the rental per month would be circa £900pcm.
You would have full running of the downstairs area which includes a bar, events hall, restaurant, commercial kitchen and games room.
If you’re interested, we invite expressions of interest that should include the following:
- Your details including contact details.
- A brief history of your experience and why you should be considered for this opportunity.
- An overview of your business plan, this should include:
- Proposed organisational structure.
- Proposed offering, this should include wet and dry sales and opening hours.
- Marketing plan – How do you intend to entice new customers.
- A basic financial statement – Although not essential this could include an estimate of start up and ongoing costs.
- Be creative – We are looking for a long-term partnership and are open to all suggestions.
Please email your expression of interest to [email protected], deadline Monday 10th July 2023. Feel free to approach us if you would like an informal conversation about the opportunity.
All successful applicants will be invited to a meeting with the Trustees to discuss your proposals further.